Next-Generation Modeling Guitar Amplifier with 480 Virtual Combos and USB Audio Interface
- 4 all-new plus 28 improved amp models multiplied by 15 speaker cabinet simulations give you a total of 480 virtual combos
- USB audio interface included, featuring stereo I/O, optical S/PDIF out, direct monitoring and separate control for phones out
- No-latency guitar-to-PC recording—edit and monitor your sound on your V-AMP 3 and record straight to your PC
- Studio quality multi-effects including reverb, chorus, flanger, phaser, rotary, auto-wah, echo, delay, compressor and various effects combinations
- 125 memory locations pre-arranged for many popular styles and embedded in the acclaimed intuitive V-AMP user interface
- Tap-tempo function and many other parameters directly accessible on the unit
- Presence control adjusts a high-frequency filter, simulating the negative feedback of tube amps
- Preamp bypass function allows use as a stereo effects processor without amp modeling
- Stereo Aux input lets you play along to a cue from your PC, CD, MP3 or drum computer for practice, teaching and home-recording applications
- Balanced stereo Line output can be configured for many recording and live applications
- Adjustable auto-chromatic tuner plus effective global configurations and equalization easily adopts the V-AMP 3 to any situation outside your home studio
- MIDI implementation includes program changes, control changes and SysEx, allowing complete MIDI remote control or automation with your preferred DAW
- High-quality components and exceptionally rugged construction ensure long life
- Conceived and designed by BEHRINGER Germany
Any Classic You Like
The V-AMP 3's 32 amp models are organized into four groups: CLEAN, BLUES, METAL and ROCK. Just twist the dedicated dial to plug into unbelievably authentic simulations of the greatest British and American tube amps from the 1950s to today. You even get models of uncommon—yet renowned—boutique tube amps! When you select an amp model, a speaker cabinet model is automatically selected. But if you'd prefer a diff erent model, just go to EDIT > CABINETS, then use the BANK UP/DOWN buttons to navigate through all 15 options.
Just like on an actual guitar amp, you've got a three-band EQ, GAIN, REVERB, VOLUME and MASTER VOLUME dials. By holding the TAP button, the TREBLE dial becomes a PRESENCE control. This enables the adjustment of a high-frequency fi lter that can add or remove a "shimmer" from the V-AMP 3's tone.
Top Tone—In Full EffectThe V-AMP 3 gives you fl anger, chorus, compression, delay and 12 other beautiful digital eff ects to apply to your sound. Adjust the eff ect's level in the mix via the EFFECTS dial. To adjust eff ect parameters, you can rhythmically press the TAP button to alter delay times or LFO speeds, or hold down the TAP button and twist the EFFECTS knob to access e.g. feedback or depth. By using a MIDI pedal, such as the BEHRINGER FCB1010, you can access an additional Wah Wah eff ect. You can adjust the fi lter characteristic by entering EDIT mode, selecting the DRIVE menu and turning the EFFECTS knob while holding the TAP button.
Presenting the PresetsAll of these elements have been combined into 125 different presets divided into 25 banks, accessible through the BANK UP/ BANK DOWN buttons. Within each bank, you can press buttons A through E to explore its different presets. You can also create and save your own presets. Start by selecting a preset, then making any changes you wish: amp, EQ, effect, etc. The preset LED will begin to flash, indicating that the V-AMP 3 is ready to save your settings. To do this, hold the preset button down for about two seconds. Once the LED stops flashing, you have saved the modified preset. On top of all this, the V-AMP 3 also features a built-in tuner and noise gate. In essence, it's a Swiss Army Knife for the home recording enthusiast or gigging guitarist who can't seem to settle on one amp.
Stunning in the studio
The V-AMP 3 features several confi gurations that make it an invaluable asset in the studio. Access the confi guration menu by pressing the B and D buttons at the same time. Then use BANK UP and BANK DOWN to select a confi guration.
When using headphones, the V-AMP 3 will switch into Studio Mode 1 (S1). This stereo mode works well for both monitoring and recording with effects, amp and speaker modeling. It doesn't apply the additional three-band EQ to the signal, but most recording programs have their own EQ. In Studio Mode 2 (S2), the V-AMP 3 sends a signal with amp and speaker simulation, but only the right output has eff ects. You can either record both left and right outputs to separate tracks, or record the "dry" left output while monitoring the right output.
Stellar on Stage
The V-AMP 3 has three live configurations. When performing live with this device, you can either run it to an amp on stage, run directly to the mixing board, or both. Live Mode 1 is the best choice for running the outputs directly to the mixer, because it applies amp and speaker simulation, eff ects and an additional 3-band EQ.
Use Live Mode 2 to run the V-AMP 3 into the effects return inputs of 2 different guitar amps. This configuration does not feature speaker simulation, allowing the amplifier's natural speaker sound to go unaltered. In this scenario, the amps would be mic'd on stage to get the sound to the house speakers, and having a dedicated monitor would be less important. In Live Mode 3, you can send the left output to an amp's eff ects return for onstage volume, while the right output sends signal to the main mixer for inclusion in the main house mix. Also note that you can press the TAP key while turning the GAIN knob to adjust the input sensitivity to match the output of your guitar's pickups. If the CLIP LED lights, the input's sensitivity should be reduced.
Veni, MIDI, Vici
The V-AMP 3 comes fully equipped to fit right into a MIDI (Musical Instrument Digital Interface) setup. It can be controlled in real time from a computer, or via a MIDI foot controller during a live performance. Its MIDI connectors are international-standard 5-pin DIN connectors. You will need dedicated MIDI cables (not included).
The MIDI IN jack receives MIDI controller data. It can be adjusted in EDIT mode by pressing the A button and then using the arrow keys. MIDI OUT/THRU sends data to a computer. You can transmit both preset data and parameter changes. Some people even use the V-AMP as a remote control for parameters of their DAW or VST instruments, which is more handy than using the mouse alone. If set to MIDI THRU, the V-AMP 3 does not send its own MIDI information, but passes on the signal received at the MIDI IN connector.
So Much Sound, So Little HassleIt's hard enough finding another virtual guitar amplifier with this much versatility, let alone one as economical as the V-AMP 3. This go-anywhere, do-anything wonder will leave you reeling in your own creativity, with cash to spare for other gear you'll need along the way to becoming a sonic titan both live and in your home studio.
Replacement Power Supplies are Available for the V-AMP3Replacement power supplies are country-specific – please ensure you order the correct model or consult the documentation above for further information.
For the PSU8-EU, click here...
For the PSU8-UK, click here...
For the PSU8-JP, click here...
For the PSU8-SAA, click here...
Compose. Record. Mix. Share.
TRACKTION 4 puts the fun back into the creative process, so we’re including it free of charge with select BEHRINGER products. This powerful, yet easy-to-use music production software is unlike anything you’ve seen before, putting everything you’ll need on your desktop, on a single-screen – without the sea of drop down and hidden menus common to most other DAWs. And TRACKTION doesn’t limit the number of tracks you can record, or the number of effects you can use. In fact, the only limitation is your Mac or PC computer’s processing power. Recording and editing couldn’t be easier; simply drag, drop, cut, copy or paste. Once your magnum opus is finished, share it with other “Tracktioneers” so they can listen, collaborate and edit.
Here are just a few of TRACKTION 4’s outstanding features:
- Native FX plug-ins ranging from dynamics to modulation, reverb and more
- Support for available third party AU, VST and VSTi plug-ins
- Mix Automation
- Safe Record
- Loop Recording
- 64-bit, 192 kHz Mix Engine
- Audio Clip manipulation
- MIDI Editor
- Filters – Volume / Pan, Level Meter, 4-Band EQ, Aux Send & Return and FX
- Export to a variety of formats such as .wav, .aif, and .mp3
Share the Love. Visit www.tracktion.com for more info.