Ultra-Compact 9-Band Graphic Equalizer with FBQ
- Ultra-compact 9.5" graphic equalizer for studio and stage applications
- Revolutionary FBQ Feedback Detection system instantly reveals critical frequencies and can also be used as Audio Analyzer
- Additional Low-cut filter removes unwanted frequencies, e. g. floor rumble
- Accurate 6-segment LED input/output meters and Level control for precise level indication
- High-quality illuminated faders, potentiometers and illuminated switches for long-term reliability
- Ultra-low noise audio operational amplifiers offer outstanding sound performance
- All Mini Series models can be stacked on top of each other to create an ultra-compact signal processor solution
- High-quality components and exceptionally rugged construction ensure long life
- 3-Year Warranty Program*
- Conceived and designed by BEHRINGER Germany
The FBQ Feedback Detection System lets you immediately recognize and eliminate feedback frequency.
Professional audio engineers have known for decades that a good EQ makes all the difference in how a performance is perceived. Although multi-band graphic equalizers have been around for a long time, they have changed very little… until now! The MINIFBQ FBQ800 takes the compact graphic equalizer a giant leap forward technologically, providing robust feature sets and our proprietary FBQ Feedback Detection System – at a price that makes them a must-have for anyone who records or operates a live sound system.
How Does Equalization Work?
Imagine the audio frequency range as a very wide highway with lots of “lanes”. Each of these lanes represents a specific frequency band.
- The lanes on the left side contain the really low frequency content, mainly bass, bass vocals, and the kick and tom drums
- The middle lanes make up the fundamental zone of most musical instruments and the male and female vocals
- The right-hand lanes have all the high frequency stuff , such as snare drums, cymbals, higher pitched percussion instruments and the content that adds sizzle to the mix
Special Tools for Low Frequencies
The low-frequency sound range requires special attention. That’s why the FBQ800 features a special Low-Cut filter that helps remove non-essential bass content, such as floor rumble, room resonance and electrical hum, etc., which really uses up your power amp’s headroom. This added control gives the FBQ800 the power to clean up your system’s overall sound, creating crystal clear and dynamic output – with incredibly tight and punchy bottom-end!
FBQ - Totally Feedback-Free
For more than 20 years, BEHRINGER
has designed and manufactured some of the most successful FBQ Feedback Elimination processors. Now you can own and enjoy the benefits of this technology, as we have integrated the revolutionary FBQ Feedback Detection System into this product, so your sound system is completely feedback-free, allowing you to focus on your performance. Utilizing an ultra-fast feedback detection system, this ingenious circuitry helps you recognize and tame feedback frequencies immediately. When feedback is sensed in a specific frequency range, the LED on the associated EQ fader illuminates, showing you at a glance which fader to lower to overcome the feedback. That simple!
To Boost or to Cut, That is the Question
Raising and lowering specific frequency bands can improve the frequency response of any room’s acoustics. For instance, if the room you’re in is “bass-heavy,” lowering the 63 and 125 Hz faders can help eliminate an overall “boomy” or “muddy” sound. Likewise, gently boosting the 8 and 16 kHz sliders can add sparkle to a somewhat “dark” mix. Are the vocals getting lost in the mix? Raising the level of the 1 kHz slider can help bring them out.
It’s important to note that raising a single fader level is not always the best solution; it’s often better to lower the bands surrounding the frequency you want to bring out, and then boost the overall volume level to achieve better headroom.
Built for Accuracy and Reliability
Speaking of headroom, FBQ800’s 6-digit LED I/O meters and level control are provided for precise level maintenance. Long-term reliability is ensured, thanks to high-quality illuminated faders and switches, and our ultra low-noise audio operational amplifiers provide outstanding sonic performance. In addition, all Mini Series components can be stacked to create an ultra-compact signal processing solution.
Superb Audio, Sound Value
When you want to bring out the very best from your sound system or your performance, in the studio or at your next live gig – put your trust in the MINIFBQ FBQ800. We dare you to compare it to the competition. Once you do, you’ll choose BEHRINGER
again and again for both audio quality and value. Test Drive the FBQ800 today at your authorized BEHRINGER