2 Matched Studio Condenser Microphones
- 2 matched condenser microphones for stereo studio recording and live applications
- Ideal as main and support microphones for studio and live applications
- Cardioid pickup pattern for effective feedback elimination
- Low-mass diaphragm for ultra-wide frequency response and ultimate sound reproduction
- Switchable low-frequency roll-off and input attenuation
- Ultra low-noise transformerless FET input eliminates low-frequency distortion
- Ultra-rugged construction with metal die-cast body
- Gold-plated 3-pin XLR connector for highest signal integrity
- High-quality components and exceptionally rugged construction ensure long life
- Conceived and designed by BEHRINGER Germany
Our C-2 microphones are built to capture the performance of a choir, piano or any other vocal or acoustic sound source to provide a beautiful true-to-life sound. Sold in perfectly matched pairs, these condenser mics are outstanding in both live and studio applications.
What is a Condenser Microphone?
A condenser mic is the ideal choice for capturing vocals or acoustic instruments, either in live or recording settings. By their very nature, condenser microphones are much more sensitive than dynamic microphones, enabling them to pick-up even the subtlest of signals. Thanks to their cardioid (heart-shaped) pattern, C-2 microphones pick up your source signal while rejecting off-axis sounds that can ruin an otherwise perfect recording.
Another difference between condenser and dynamic mics is they contain active circuitry that requires phantom power (+48 V DC) for operation. You can power them from any phantom power equipped BEHRINGER XENYX mixer, plus enjoy the benefits of our state-of-the-art XENYX mic preamps.
Sound That Astounds
Every stitch of these mics is designed to deliver beautiful sound. Beginning with the gold-plated 3-pin XLR connector, you get the highest signal integrity.
Once connected to your system, you’ll notice these twin pro-caliber microphones have a 4 dB boost in the 1 kHz - 8 kHz range. For those of you new to condenser mics, this basically means you’ll get a slightly brighter sound that will give the perfect shape to cymbals and overhead miking. Acoustic pianos and choirs also benefit greatly from this type of frequency response.
Excellent Source Isolation
The cardioid pickup pattern provides unparalleled sound source separation and feedback rejection. C-2 mics contain ultra low-noise transformerless FET input circuitry that can handle extreme dynamics with a maximum sound pressure level of 136 dB. So even if the featured performer at your next recording session or live show happens to be a revved-up jet engine, this workhorse mic will not distort!
Our C-2 mics also feature a low-frequency rolloff switch to eliminate infrasonics (mic handling noise, sound created by creaky stages), as well as a switchable -10 dB input pad to accommodate hot signals, such as a really loud vocalist or overzealous cellist.