Ultra-Compact 150-Watt PA/Monitor Speaker System
- Multi-purpose, 150-Watt, active speaker for vocal and keyboard monitoring, multi-media, press conferences and home recording studio, etc.
- Revolutionary Class-D amplifier technology: enormous power, incredible sonic performance and super-light weight
- 5.25” premium-quality, full-range neodymium driver
- Ultra-low noise 3-channel mixer with 3-band EQ
- 2 "Invisible" Mic Preamps with phantom power for condenser microphones and 1 instrument-ready input (no DI required)
- Dedicated stereo input for keyboards, MP3, CD, etc.
- XLR ''through'' connector with mic/line switch for linking more B205Ds
- Mic stand integration system for use with stand and boom
- Integrated limiter for ultimate system control and speaker protection
- Internal switch-mode power supply for noise-free audio, superior transient response and very low power consumption
- Super-tough, impact-resistant enclosure with integrated top carry handle
- High-quality components and exceptionally rugged construction ensure long life
- Conceived and designed by BEHRINGER Germany
The Secret to B205D’s Amazing SoundThanks to our revolutionary Class-D amplifier technology and internal switchmode power supplies, not only do B205D loudspeakers sound great, they weigh considerably less than most competing active speakers. They pump out 150 of the cleanest, punchiest Watts you’ve ever heard from a compact loudspeaker, and you can link additional active loudspeaker systems via the handy THRU socket. A built in mixer provides three input channels, including a switchable instrument-ready input (no DI required), and also features a dedicated 3-band EQ (bass/mid/treble) for simple, yet effective tonal control.
Put the Sound Where You Want ItSpace limitations often make it impossible to place full-sized monitor wedges where they can do the most good—and passive monitors require lots of external amplifiers and processing gear to function properly. All this adds up to even more gear to move, and if you don’t know what you’re doing, you can easily damage passive monitors by applying too much, or even worse, too little power to them. With the B205D we’ve taken all the guesswork out, giving each loudspeaker its own 150-Watt, Class-D amplifier specifically designed as the perfect mate for the custom-engineered 5.25" neodymium driver.
Say Goodbye to Back-breaking Floor WedgesBy using an internal switch-mode power supply, we reduced the weight of the B205D to a mere 7.0 lbs (3.2 kg). This means that instead of bringing in your old passive floor wedges one-at-a-time, you can carry all your monitors in one trip—without even breaking a sweat! They are small enough to mount on mic stands (each speaker includes a special mic stand integration system), on a tabletop, or they can be placed directly atop a piano or electronic keyboard.
Class-D Technology Delivers High Power, Low Weight
Instead of operating relatively continuously like Class AB circuits, Class-D amps switch on and off thousands of times per second, delivering power only when needed. In other words, the amplifier is either fully on or fully off, which significantly reduces the power losses in the output devices.
When used in conjunction with switching mode power supplies, our Class-D amplifiers provide tremendous dynamic punch and superior fidelity. The resulting speakers systems are much lighter, making them easy to transport and set up. Our no-compromise design means your B205Ds deliver full power with incredible fidelity all night long, without the need for rest cycles.