Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone
- Dynamic vocal microphone with smooth mid-frequency presence rise for excellent voice projection
- Ultra-wide frequency response for brilliant and transparent sound
- Extremely high signal output lets your voice cut through
- Cardioid characteristic minimizes background noise and feedback
- Shock mount system to cut down handling noise
- Integrated spherical wind and pop noise filter
- Microphone stand adapter and impact-resistant carrying case included
- High-quality components and exceptionally rugged construction ensure long life
- Conceived and designed by BEHRINGER Germany
What is a Dynamic Microphone?Dynamic mics have several advantages that make them ideal for live vocal applications and for recording amplified instruments. They're robust, resistant to moisture and can achieve high gain before feedback. The XM8500's cardioid pickup pattern captures the source signal, such as a guitar amplifier or vocalist, while shunning off-axis sound.
Why the XM8500?
The XM8500 provides an amazing frequency response of 50 Hz to 15 kHz, and includes a two-stage pop filter to minimize breath and pop noises. And with its tough metal construction and sturdy steel windscreen, you can count on it to come through after countless gigs and studio applications. We've even included a rugged hard case with a mic clip and stand adapter.
Check out the XM8500 at your nearest BEHRINGER dealer and find out why these mics are becoming so common in practice spaces, bedrooms, professional studios and stages all over the globe. Compare them to the competition. We're sure you'll be impressed by the XM8500's performance—and the amount of money you'll save!
The first thing you notice when you take them out of the box is that they feel nice and heavy in the hand. I like a mic to feel robust and the XM8500 oozes quality. […] I tested the XM8500 running through a Behringer UB1204FX-PRO mixer […]. With the EQ flat and no FX, the mic sounded great. It was warm (but not too warm) - a lot of mics suffer from too much bottom end - and I instantly enjoyed beatboxing with it. […]
The final test was to have four XM8500s plugged in simultaneously. I ran the whole workshop on the Behringer mics. One thing I noticed was that they didn't feedback easily. […] This mic was surely too good to be true!
The Behringer XM8500 is a stunning mic at a stunning price. […] It feels good in the hand, it has low noise handling, it sounds smooth, it's robust. I guess only time will tell if this mic will still work in ten years time. But for now, I've bought five of them to use in my workshops and a Behringer mixer to go with them.