Professional Multi-Purpose 16-Input Ultra-Low Noise Line Mixer
- Extremely flexible multi-purpose sub-mixer, multi-track monitoring mixer and level translator
- 16 balanced high-headroom line inputs for individual stereo or mono use of each section
- Ultra-low noise ULN design, highest possible headroom, ultra-transparent audio
- Dedicated balance and level controls plus +4/-10 level selection per channel
- Monitor/FX Send control per section with global master send control for flexible monitoring, recording or effects applications
- Illuminated double-function "mute" button per section with additional "clip" indication provides comfortable input source/level information
- Monitor/FX signal assignable to phones output for added flexibility
- Highly accurate 2 x 7-segment LED level meters and individual level control for left and right main mix signal
- 1/4'' TRS main mix outputs plus easily accessible headphones output on the front panel with dedicated level control
- High-quality detented rotary controls for long-term reliability
- Shielded toroidal power transformer for lowest noise interference
- High-quality component components and exceptionally rugged construction ensure long life
- Conceived and designed by BEHRINGER Germany
We Hate to Call it a “Miracle Product,” but…Like a souped-up blender capable of liquefying golf balls and soda cans, the Eurorack Pro RX1602 can mix just about anything into a delicious sonic puree. If you’re a keyboardist with more keyboards than pairs of socks, the RX1602 can submix all your inputs into a single stereo signal, saving you valuable inputs on your main mixer. Or, if you work frequently with hardware samplers in the studio, you can save yourself a ton of time by submixing your sampler’s outputs with the RX1602. This mixer also makes monitoring your home recordings a breeze. Just hook it up to your PC equipped with recording software or a multi-track recorder to quickly and easily create a tasty monitor mix. If a one-person band is more your style, the RX1602 provides the perfect solution for mixing down a mic preamp along with a keyboard. From there, you need only send a single signal to the house’s main mixer.
Channel With Care
The RX1602 comes equipped with all the necessary features to create the right mix for your sound. The 16 high-headroom inputs (8 stereo, 8 mono) can be used for individual line level instruments or component outputs. The ULN (Ultra Low-Noise) design’s high headroom means you can run up to 16 HOT inputs without clipping – and at the same time be assured that there won’t be any extra noise added by the mixer.
Each channel has its own balance and level controls, as well as illuminated double-function “mute” buttons with “clip” LEDs to help you avoid distortion. You also get highly accurate dual 7-segment LED level meters and an individual level control for left and right main mix signals. For further flexibility, the Monitor/FX signal is assignable to headphones. It all adds up to transparent, crystal-clear audio performance.
Sound on Sound
This new mixer presents a compact and elegant solution to the problem of mixing multiple stereo line sources in the home studio.
This 1U rackmount mixer is a simple but clean way to submix hardware synths to a single stereo feed that can be returned to a pair of inputs on a computer's audio interface.
The RX1602 offers a compact and effective way to mix up to eight stereo line-level sources, and it does so very well. I now have one as part of my own studio system, and I'm sure many other musicians will find that it meets a need, both live and in the studio.