1,200-Watt 10-Channel Powered Mixer with Dual Multi-FX Processor and FBQ Feedback Detection System
- Ultra-compact 2 x 600-Watt stereo powered mixer (1,200 Watt bridged mode)
- Revolutionary amplifier technology: enormous power, incredible sonic performance and super-light weight
- Ultra-compact design at nearly half the depth and weight of conventional powered mixers means no more lugging around dead weight
- 10-channel mixer section features 6 mono and 2 stereo channels plus separate tape returns
- 2 studio-grade 24-bit stereo FX processors with 100 awesome presets including reverb, chorus, flanger, delay, pitch shifter and various multi-effects
- Revolutionary FBQ Feedback Detection system instantly reveals critical frequencies for easy feedback removal
- 8 high-quality mic preamps with switchable +48 V phantom power for condenser microphones
- Effective, extremely musical 3-band EQ, switchable Pad and Clip LEDs on all mono channels
- Stereo 7-band graphic EQ allows precise frequency correction of monitor and main outputs
- Voice Canceller function removes singer's voice from recordings for Karaoke applications
- Selectable stereo (main L/R), double mono (main/monitor) or bridged mono amplifier operation mode
- Speaker Processing function adjusts frequency response to match professional speaker systems like BEHRINGER EUROLIVE series, etc.
- Standby switch mutes all input channels during breaks while background music is provided via tape inputs
- Adjustable stereo Aux input for connecting external signal sources
- Internal switch-mode power supply, noise-free audio, superior transient response and very low power consumption
- Rack mount brackets included
- High-quality components and exceptionally rugged construction ensure long life
- Conceived and designed by BEHRINGER Germany
If you need superior stereo sound for small club gigs, churches or speeches, but have to keep the outboard gear to a minimum, the 10-channel PMP1280S can deliver. This 1,200-Watt mixer has built-in mic preamps and an FX processor, as well as enough power to drive both mains and monitors thanks to dual onboard 600-Watt power amps.
Massive Mono or Stunning Stereo
The PMP1280S gives you the choice of 2 x 600-Watt stereo, 2 x 600-Watt dual mono or 1,200-Watt bridged mono sound. Whether the center of attention happens to be a folk trio, a speech, or a synth-rock band with mind-boggling stereo patches, the PMP1280S can accommodate. This sonic versatility also makes it an excellent choice for churches, where vocals and stereo recordings often share face time.
Classic Control, State-of-the-Art Sound
Leave the mic preamps at home, because the quality of sound that was once only available in the studio is ready to go wherever you do. Eight built-in, boutique-caliber mic preamps with switchable +48 V phantom power make it possible to use either dynamic or condenser mics with the PMP1280S.
Built-in Digital Effects Processor
The PMP1280S is also equipped with dual 24-bit FX processors, each giving you 100 mind-blowing digital effect presets such as delay, chorus and reverb. Apply them to any channel, as well as to the monitors and main output. In case you're pulling double duty as sound engineer and performer, the FX processors features a footswitch jack for remote on/off.
Changing the Channels
The PMP1280S is incredibly flexible in accommodating whatever the center of attention happens to be. Channels 1-6 are for mics, bass guitars or other mono instruments. Stereo channels 7-10 are ideal for keyboards.
The Ins and Outs
In the bottom right corner of the mixer, you’ll find the FX, INPUT TO MAIN and OUTPUT sections. The FX section features a FOOTSW(itch) input. This lets you connect a footswitch like the AB200 so you can remotely enable/disable either FX channel. FX OUT 1 & 2 are used to connect up to two outboard effects processors.
The AUX IN 1/4" inputs in the INPUT TO MAIN section route an external stereo signal to the main mix. The AUX IN control adjusts the volume of the external signal in the main mix. Use the CD/TAPE IN RCA inputs to feed in external stereo signals from CD players or tape decks. The VOICE CANCELLER switch eliminates the vocals from pre-recorded music for karaoke applications.
In the OUTPUT section, the CD/TAPE OUT RCA outputs send line-level signals from the mixer to a recording device, so you can finally get to work on that triple-live album you’ve always dreamed of. The left and right Output 1/4" are there just in case you need to connect more power amps. Connect your monitor power amps or active monitor speakers to the MONITOR output.
Small, Simple, Superb
Small, simple events call for a lightweight, easy-to-use powered mixer. BEHRINGER powered mixers are the most efficient, affordable mixers for the job. With so many incredible built-in features, it's easier than ever to lend exceptional sound quality to all kinds of public performances.