Intelligent Noise Gate
- Effectively eliminate unwanted noise and hum without altering your tone
- This BEHRINGER product has been designed to compete head to head with leading products on the market
- Intelligent multiband design offers Full, Mid plus High band noise reduction
- Status LED for effect on/off and battery check
- True hard-wire bypass for ultimate signal integrity
- Runs on 9 V battery or the BEHRINGER PSU-SB DC power supply (not included)
- High-quality components and exceptionally rugged construction ensure long life
- Conceived and designed by BEHRINGER Germany
Whether it’s coming from your single-coil pickups or non-grounded power outlets, the fact is that hum happens. The BEHRINGER INTELLIGATE IG9 quiets this hum when you are not playing.
What is a Noise Gate?
A noise gate allows a signal to pass through only when it is above a set threshold. If the signal falls below the threshold no signal is allowed to pass. In other words, you can set the IG9’s threshold above the noise that occurs when your guitar is plugged in but not being played, resulting in silence. But when you begin playing your guitar, your sound will exceed the threshold, allowing your sound to come through.
The IG9 keeps the unique tonal qualities of your music intact while eliminating noise in either the high, mid or full frequencies, depending on how you set the frequency dial. This must-have pedal allows all the good parts of your sound to blast through with lightning-fast attack and fully adjustable release time. The status LED tells you when the IG9 is activated, and its true hardware bypass gives you the ultimate in signal integrity [link to glossary definition]. You can power the IG9 with either a 9 V battery or a DC power supply (Not included).
Why wait any longer to make your sound the best it can be? Check out the IG9 at your nearest BEHRINGER dealer.