True Analog Modeling 2 x 60-Watt Stereo Guitar Amplifier with 2 Independent Channels, each Featuring 27 Modeled Sounds, FX Processor, Tuner and MIDI Control
- Powerful 2 x 60-Watt guitar amplifier with authentic V-TONE Analog Modeling
- 2 original heavy-duty 12" BUGERA guitar speakers for classic sound
- Authentic V-TONE Analog Modeling for 3 classic guitar amps, 3 speaker simulation models plus 3 gain modes—27 modeled sounds individually selectable per channel
- 2 independent, full-featured modeling channels offering everything you need from clean to crunch to super-fat distortion sounds
- Ultra-flexible FX Tracking allows independent effects settings on each channel
- Dynamizer circuitry captures every nuance of your playing and lends tube-like compression to your tone
- Stereo multi-effects processor with world-class effects such as chorus, flanging, phasing, rotary, auto-wah, echo, delay, compressor and various effect combinations with 99 user presets and MIDI control
- Integrated auto-chromatic tuner controllable via footswitch
- Additional loudspeaker plus headphone outputs with integrated speaker simulation
- Adjustable Aux input and dedicated CD input for playback or other line-level signals (e.g. CD player, drum computer)
- Line outputs with speaker simulation for direct recording and live applications
- Insert facility for external effects devices (rack effects, stomp boxes, wah-wah pedals, etc.)
- Dual footswitch FS112 for channel selection, effect bypass and tuner activation included
- High-quality components and exceptionally rugged construction ensure long life
- Conceived and designed by BEHRINGER Germany
A Virtual Roomful of Gear
The 2 x 60-Watt GMX212 is the perfect amp for the guitarist in need of a wide variety of tone. Take your pick of three amp voicings: TWEED gives you the soulful, bluesy sound of vintage 50s amps; BRITISH gives you the hard-rocking sound of the 1960s British Invasion; CALIF gives you the sparkling clean tones of the American West Coast's most famous amps. Combine any of these modes with three speaker voicings: UK simulates 4x12" speakers in an enclosed cabinet; US simulates 2x12" speakers in an open-back casing: FLAT is a special setting designed especially for the GMX212's 2 12" BUGERA speakers.
Select from CLEAN, HI GAIN or HOT gain settings to go from clean to heavy overdrive, then apply one of 99 digital effect presets for a sound that's uniquely yours. There's even an onboard tuner! Meanwhile, our patented DYNAMIZER circuitry captures every nuance of your playing, lending warm tube-like compression to your tone.
Channel Your ToneIts tonal options may be vast and sophisticated, but at its core the GMX212 handles just like a classic guitar amp. Plug into the 1/4" input jack and then take your pick of two channels, each with GAIN, LEVEL, and three-band EQ. You can use the included footswitch to toggle remotely between the two channels – go from clean and reverb-drenched to distorted and delayed at the touch of a button. Put the finishing touches on your sound with the PRESENCE and MASTER dials.
Back Panel DiscussionWe have given the GMX212 an extensive back panel for even more sound routing options. There you will find a loudspeaker output for connecting an additional speaker cabinet, a headphone output with speaker simulation, an adjustable AUX IN for devices like drum machines, and an RCA INPUT allowing you to play along with a CD player. There are stereo RCA and line outputs with speaker simulation for direct recording. An additional 1/4" jack connects to external effects devices. Plug a MIDI controller such as the BEHRINGER FCB1010 into the GMX212's MIDI IN for even further remote control over the onboard effects.
Sound That AstoundsThe GMX212 provides an incredible tonal palette at a fraction of the cost of collecting vintage amps and effects. Complement your creativity with the sounds that made the electric guitar the renowned instrument it is today. Check out the GMX212 at your nearest BEHRINGER dealer.
Armed with my Gibson SG, I was able to dial up clean tones that radiated a finely detailed top-end snap, as well as a coherent, focused low end. The EQ offers enough power to tailor the V-TONE for different guitars, and a few quick adjustments calmed down my spikey Tele just fine. My favorite clean tones started with the Tweed/Clean modes. You can garner some alt-rock-style clean tones with the British and California settings […]
If it’s fire-breathing distortion you crave, the BEHRINGER is ready to deliver. Whether I used my Tele or SG, I could easily craft singing, sustain-for-days lead tones that were not only throaty and dynamically sensitive, but loud. This amp definitely sports enough cajones to hang with a raucous band. In addition, the V-TONE’s EQ has the muscle to deliver exaggerated, midrange honks (akin to notching a wah), as well as punishing, scooped-mid/routed low-end tones that would make Dimebag proud.
Musician's Friend (USA)
The perfect fusion of digital, analog, and affordability
With a broader, more useful range of options than effects amps costing five times as much, the BEHRINGER GMX212 proves that intelligent design is not necessarily expensive design.
I was completely floored by the responsiveness, richness of sound, and punchy volume of the amp. Be has always provided a lot of bang for the buck, but this was a lot of bang for any bucks.
BEHRINGER's patented DYNAMIZER circuitry compressed the tone for extended sustain just the way real tubes would.
The 24-bit stereo effects are definitely of high-enough quality to hold their own in any recording situation.
For a player looking for his or her first performance amp, there's no reason to look further! But even seasoned professionals will find it more than satisfactory as a road unit or backup amp. I recommend this amp with no buts about it; it helped me out of a serious pinch and won my heart.
What Guitar? (UK)
A cheap date with a touch of class…
The BEHRINGER V-TONE GMX212 is the amp most likely to keep your bank manager sleeping soundly. At GBP 318 […], this little gem is an absolute steal. But is it actually good? This is a modeling amp, but unlike the digital […] efforts, the GMX212 achieves its tone using analogue technology. This might explain the old school warmth that we found at practically all settings. […]
This is a well-designed, easy-to-use system and we got some killer tones with it. The onboard effects unit is superb. […]
How BEHRINGER squeezes all these goodies into an amplifier of this price, we’ll never know. […] It may scream entry-level price, but there’s nothing low rent about this great little combo, our Sound Choice winner.
FOR: great range of tones; effects unit has something for everyone
AGAINST: it’s hard to grumble at this price