Audiophile 31-Band Stereo Graphic Equalizer with FBQ Feedback Detection System
- Audiophile 31-band stereo graphic equalizer for live and studio applications
- Revolutionary FBQ Feedback Detection system instantly reveals critical frequencies and can also be used as audio analyzer
- Dedicated Limiters with gain reduction meters for each channel protect your sound system from overload and distortion
- Pink noise generator provides test signals to adapt your sound system to any room acoustics
- Mono subwoofer output with dedicated level control and adjustable crossover frequency
- Additional sweepable high and low-cut filters for each channel remove unwanted frequencies e.g. floor rumble, hiss etc.
- Highly accurate 8-segment LED input/output metering and input gain controls for easy level setting
- Ultra-low noise audio operational amplifiers for highest signal integrity
- Relay-controlled hard bypass with an auto-bypass function during power failure (failsafe relay)
- Servo-balanced inputs and outputs with 1/4" TRS and gold-plated XLR connectors
- Shielded toroidal power transformer for ultra-low noise performance
- High-quality components and exceptionally rugged construction ensure long life
- Conceived and designed by BEHRINGER Germany
Professional audio engineers have known for decades that a good EQ makes all the difference in how a performance is perceived. Although multi-band graphic equalizers have been around for a long time, they have changed very little… until now! BEHRINGER ULTRAGRAPH PRO Series equalizers take a giant leap forward technologically, providing robust feature sets and our proprietary FBQ Feedback Detection System—at a price that makes them a must-have for anyone who records or operates a live sound system.
How Does Equalization Work?
Imagine the audio frequency range as a very wide highway with lots of “lanes”. Each of these lanes represents a specific frequency band.
- The lanes on the left side contain the really low frequency content, mainly bass, bass vocals, and the kick and tom drums
- The middle lanes make up the fundamental zone of most musical instruments and the male and female vocals
- The right-hand lanes have all the high-frequency stuff, such as snare drums, cymbals, higher pitched percussion instruments and the content that adds sizzle to the mix
Special Tools for Low FrequenciesThe low-frequency sound range requires special attention. That’s why the FBQ-PRO Series features a Low Cut filter, in addition to the frequency faders, to help remove unwanted low frequencies such as floor rumble, room resonance, electrical hum, etc. This filter is preset on the FBQ1502 to remove all content below 25 Hz, which can really eat into your power amp’s headroom. On the FBQ3120 and FBQ6200 models we take it a step further, including variable High- and Low-Cut filters per channel with a sweepable frequency dial for even more control.
Crossover Not Required
Speaking of special low-frequency tools, all three FBQ-PRO models feature a dedicated subwoofer output with an adjustable (30 – 200 Hz) cut-off frequency. Balanced XLR Outs are provided so you can connect to power amps, or directly to your active subwoofers, without any additional hardware—just another example of how BEHRINGER saves you money.
FBQ Feedback Detection System
The FBQ Feedback Detection System is one of the most outstanding features of our graphic equalizers. This ingenious circuitry helps you recognize and eliminate feedback frequencies immediately. When feedback is sensed in a specific frequency range, the LED on the associated fader lights, so you know at a glance which fader to lower to eliminate the feedback. BEHRINGER’S proprietary FBQ Feedback Detection System makes it easy for even the novice operator to defeat live sound’s natural enemy—feedback!
Stereo or Double-Duty?
There are two reasons to buy a stereo EQ—to run your Front Of House (FOH) system in stereo, or to use one side for mono FOH while the other side EQs your monitors, which is usually where feedback problems start.
FBQ6200’s Added Features
The flagship of the series, the FBQ6200 has all the features mentioned above, plus switchable Limiters per channel with separate Threshold controls, long-throw 45 mm frequency faders for added precision, and a built-in Pink Noise generator that enables the FBQ6200 to pull double-duty as an audio spectrum analyzer.
Superb Audio, Sound Value
FBQ-PRO Series graphic EQs bring out the best in your sound system, and your performance, whether you use them in the studio or at your next live gig. We dare you to compare the FBQ1502, FBQ3102 or FBQ6200 against the competition. Once you do, you’ll choose BEHRINGER again and again for both audio quality and value. Test Drive one today at your authorized BEHRINGER dealer.