Automatic and Ultra-Fast Feedback Destroyer/Parametric EQ with 40 FBQ Filters and 96 kHz Audio Performance
- Ultra-high performance 2-channel 24-bit/96 kHz Feedback Destroyer and Parametric EQ
- Automatically and "intelligently" locates and destroys up to 40 feedback frequencies
- Ultra-narrow FBQ filters for extremely effective feedback suppression, while keeping highest sonic quality
- Panic button immediately takes action in feedback emergency situations
- "Set-and-forget" default setting enables immediate and super-easy Feedback Destroyer performance
- Auto mode continuously monitors the mix and automatically sets filters
- Single-shot mode automatically detects and destroys feedback and locks filters until they are reset manually
- Ultra-high resolution 24-bit/96 kHz A/D and D/A converter plus 32-bit DSP for ultimate audio performance
- Extensive MIDI implementation and user preset memories for instant program recalls
- Balanced inputs and servo-balanced outputs with ¼'' TRS and gold-plated XLR connectors
- Internal switch-mode power supply for maximum flexibility (100 - 240 V~), noise-free audio, superior transient response plus lowest possible power consumption for energy savings
- High-quality components and exceptionally rugged construction ensure long life
- Conceived and designed by BEHRINGER Germany
One Smart SolutionUsing an ultra-fast feedback detection algorithm, the FBQ2496 automatically and “intelligently” locates up to 20 feedback frequencies per channel. The algorithm then sets extremely narrow notch filters (up to 1/60th of an octave) to “destroy” feedback frequencies, leaving the remainder of your signal virtually untouched. And with the “Set-and-Forget” default setting, plus the Panic button, your FEEDBACK DESTROYER can be up and running in a matter of seconds.
Ease of OperationThe Auto Mode continuously monitors the mix, resetting programmed filters automatically, while the Manual Mode allows individual programming of up to 40 fully-parametric filters with frequency, bandwidth and gain adjustment. Open MIDI architecture makes future firmware updates and flexible communication with digital equipment exceedingly simple.
Be PreparedWith the FBQ2496's various modes, you can master just about any live sound situation or use the unit as a creative sound-shaping tool. A single FBQ2496 can protect you from feedback in both your mono PA mains and a monitor mix. And the FBQ2496 is more than just handy—it's affordable! Check one out today at your nearest BEHRINGER dealer. Your ears and your audience will thank you.
Sound on Sound
It starts with the supplement "Sound on Sound LIVE" where the BEHRINGER FBQ2496 feedback destroyer gets tested in depth. In his conclusion, the tester Mike Crofts summarises: "With 24-bit, 96kHz operation, audio quality at this price point is beyond criticism in my book and with its automatic setup process I think this is an interesting and effective product. The 1/60 octave filters don't, for me, have any detrimental effect on the overall sound, and they're extremely fast in operation. As with all gear for the road, only time will tell if it's exactly right for you, or me, but my first impressions are definitely favourable and I'll be using the FBQ2496as much as possible until they take it off me!"
Within the magazine itself, the Editor-in-Chief Paul White gives the XENYX 2442FX an extensive try on its launch month in the UK. Having used the UB mixers at a friend's studio, Paul was already familiar with the BEHRINGER mixer range, but here he recognizes the enhancements made to the newest generation: "The included two-channel USB audio interface was recognized immediately by my Mac system, without the need to add any driver software, and the subjective audio quality I achieved from it was surprisingly good. In all, I feel the upgrade to this already workmanlike little mixer has been highly worthwhile and within its price range it now offers a lot of flexibility for both the home studio owner and the band looking for a small live sound mixer with integral effects".