Audiophile 15-Band Stereo Graphic Equalizer with FBQ Feedback Detection System
- Professional 15-band stereo graphic equalizer for live and studio applications
- Revolutionary FBQ Feedback Detection system instantly reveals critical frequencies and can also be used as audio analyzer
- Dedicated mono subwoofer output with adjustable crossover frequency
- Additional low-cut filter removes unwanted frequencies, e.g. floor rumble
- Highly accurate 4-segment LED output metering and input gain controls for easy level setting
- Ultra-low noise audio operational amplifiers for highest signal integrity
- Servo-balanced inputs and outputs with 1/4" TRS and gold-plated XLR connectors
- Shielded toroidal power transformer for ultra-low noise performance
- High-quality components and exceptionally rugged construction ensure long life
- Conceived and designed by BEHRINGER Germany
Professional audio engineers have known for decades that a good EQ makes all the difference in how a performance is perceived. Although multi-band graphic equalizers have been around for a long time, they have changed very little… until now! BEHRINGER ULTRAGRAPH PRO Series equalizers take a giant leap forward technologically, providing robust feature sets and our proprietary FBQ Feedback Detection System—at a price that makes them a must-have for anyone who records or operates a live sound system.
How Does Equalization Work?
Imagine the audio frequency range as a very wide highway with lots of “lanes”. Each of these lanes represents a specific frequency band.
- The lanes on the left side contain the really low frequency content, mainly bass, bass vocals, and the kick and tom drums
- The middle lanes make up the fundamental zone of most musical instruments and the male and female vocals
- The right-hand lanes have all the high-frequency stuff, such as snare drums, cymbals, higher pitched percussion instruments and the content that adds sizzle to the mix
Special Tools for Low Frequencies
The low-frequency sound range requires special attention. That’s why the FBQ-PRO Series features a Low Cut filter, in addition to the frequency faders, to help remove unwanted low frequencies such as floor rumble, room resonance, electrical hum, etc. This filter is preset on the FBQ1502 to remove all content below 25 Hz, which can really eat into your power amp’s headroom. On the FBQ3120 and FBQ6200 models we take it a step further, including variable High- and Low-Cut filters per channel with a sweepable frequency dial for even more control.