Professional 2,000-Watt Stereo Power Amplifier with ATR (Accelerated Transient Response) Technology
- 2 x 1,000 Watts into 2 Ohms; 2 x 750 Watts into 4 Ohms; 2,000 Watts into 4 Ohms (bridge mode)
- ATR (Accelerated Transient Response) technology for ultimate punch and clarity
- Switchable limiters offer maximum output level with reliable overload protection
- Detented gain controls for precise setting and matching of sensitivity
- Precise Power, Signal and Clip LEDs to monitor performance
- XLR and 1/4" TRS input connectors for compatibility with any source
- Professional speaker connectors and "touch-proof" binding posts support most speaker wiring systems
- Selectable low-frequency filters remove damaging infra-sound frequencies
- Independent DC and thermal overload protection on each channel automatically protects amplifier and speakers
- High-current toroidal transformer for ultra-high transient response and absolute reliability
- "Back-to-front" ventilation system including air filter for reliable operation
- "Built-like-a-tank," impact-resistant, all-steel 2U rackmount chassis
- High-quality components and exceptionally rugged construction ensure long life
- Conceived and designed by BEHRINGER Germany
The EP2000 and EP4000 represent everything musicians love about our popular EP1500 and EP2500—excellent sound quality, road-worthy toughness and reliability, low-noise operation and incredible power. With 2,000 and 4,000-Watts respectively, the EP2000 and EP4000 amplifiers are perfect amplifiers for medium-sized club gigs, mobile PA systems, church services or public spaces.
Everything you need, nothing you don’t
The über-simple front panel controls of these amps give you all of your sound’s vital signs at a glance. After flipping the Main switch, the Power LED will light when the amp is ready for action. Both channels have independent gain dials as well as Clip LEDs that indicate when the signal is distorted and you need to reduce the gain. There are also Signal LEDs that light up when a signal is present at the input.
A panel of switches found on the back panel offers an array of cool options to apply to both channels of the EP2000 and EP4000. The Clip Limiter lets you get even more out of the amplifier without overdriving either it or your speaker system. Built-in circuitry automatically senses when the EP2000 or EP4000 is being overdriven into “clipping” and then momentarily reduces the input level to avoid clipping distortion. Since this all happens in just a few thousandths of a second, it’s the ideal way to avoid audible clipping distortion.
Rickety stage vibrations, mic thumps and wind noise can cause ultra-low frequency sounds, or infrasonics. While technically inaudible, they can cause a huge drain on amp power, potential damage to your speakers and a sludgy sound in the audible bass ranges. Both EP models feature a defeatable Low Cut Filter that chops off unwanted frequencies below 50 Hz or 30 Hz (depending on your PA system’s capabilities).
The same panel contains the switches that put these amps to work in either Stereo or Bridge (mono) mode. Both the EP2000 and EP4000 can be linked to additional power amps by switching into Parallel mode.
These Amps Have Guts
There are plenty of awesome features on the outside of the EP2000 and EP4000, but there’s also a team of cool components on the inside helping it work its magic. They come loaded with famously reliable Toshiba/Fairchild power transistors, as well as a high-current toroidal transformer for ultra-high transient response and further reliability. Independent DC and thermal overload protection on each channel automatically protects both the amplifier and your speakers.
The EP2000 and EP4000 have both XLR and 1/4" TRS Inputs, plus Speakon-compatible Outputs and 5-way binding posts. Whether you’re dealing with bare wire or boutique audiophile cabling, the EP2000 and EP4000 are right at home.
The exhaust fan, visible on the back panel, is the final stage of an internal back-to-front cooling system that keeps these amps working in the mild temperatures they love, even through periods of extended use. Finally, an impact-resistant, all-steel 2U rack-mount chassis helps these workhorses stand up to all the rigors of the road.
Accelerated Transient Response delivers the knock-out punch
It takes huge pulses of energy (current and voltage) to propel a woofer cone out fast enough to match a bass beat. That’s called Transient Response and it’s the holy grail of amp designers. By carefully selecting transistors with extremely high slew rates and optimizing other proprietary parts of our circuitry, our amps react instantly to even the most demanding bass impulses. If the woofers in your PA system can keep up, your audience will hear a tighter, crisper, more natural sound.
The legend powers on
Read the reviews of the EP1500 and EP2500, and it will become clear that those amps are admired by professionals every—not only for their performance and durability, but also for their astoundingly low price tags. The EP2000 and EP4000 extend that legacy to the next level. Why shell out for a “Brand-X” amp when you can get a BEHRINGER EUROPOWER amp and have money left over for other gear?