2 x 700-Watt Power Amplifier
- 2 x 700 Watts into 2 Ohms; 1,400 Watts into 4 Ohms bridged operation
- 2-channel, parallel or bridged mono operating modes for flexible application
- Independent limiters for each channel offer dependable protection against distortion
- Precise signal and clip LED indicators to monitor performance
- Selectable low-frequency filters (30 Hz or 50 Hz) remove distracting infra-sound frequencies
- Professional connectors, compatible with Neutrik Speakon connectors, and "touch-proof" binding post loudspeaker outputs enable secure operation
- Balanced XLR and 1/4" TRS inputs
- Connection option for extra amps in parallel operation
- Ultra-reliable Toshiba/Fairchild high-power transistors
- High-current toroidal transformer for absolute reliability and lowest noise emission
- “Back-to-front” ventilation system including air filter with automatically adjusting fan speed for smooth operation
- Independent DC and thermal overload protection on each channel automatically protects amplifier and speakers
- High-quality components and exceptionally rugged construction ensure long life
- Conceived and designed by BEHRINGER Germany
The EP1500 is an extremely musical power amp that can take a whole night’s worth of abuse without missing a single beat—even with loads all the way down to 2 Ohms!
Superb Sonic Performance
From the deepest, chest-pounding bass all the way to the loftiest highs, you’ll be amazed at the clarity and richness of the EP1500’s output. Your music will always sound great, even when you push this amp to the limit. Put simply, the EUROPOWER EP1500 provides sound that is far superior to anything in its class.
You get enough real-world Watts to get you through the most demanding gigs: 2 x 700 Watts into 2 Ohms, or 1,400 Watts into 4 Ohms bridged mono operation. And EP1500’s high-current capacity means you won’t have to worry about running out of juice, even when the party reaches a crescendo. EUROPOWER always has your back.
Power Amp Misconception #1:
When it comes to audio amplification, most people think that if one hundred Watts is loud, then 200 Watts must be twice as loud—wrong! For volume to be perceived as twice as loud, you’d need ten times the output power and one heckuva lotta loudspeakers. What you do get when you up the output power is headroom, which means cleaner, punchier sound, without pushing your gear to the point of failure. As an added bonus, you get significantly better loudspeaker performance.
Power Amp Misconception #2:
“If I use too big a power amp, I’ll blow my speakers.” Most high-quality loudspeakers (including ours) are capable of handling lots of power and employ special protective circuitry in their crossover networks. While it is possible to “blow” a low-quality speaker by severely overpowering it, the most common speaker failure is typically due to driving an underpowered amplifier into clipping distortion. This type of distortion is every loudspeaker’s worst enemy—our ultra-clean EUROPOWER amps are the solution.
Each road-rugged steel chassis houses a massive power supply with a low-noise, toroidal transformer, huge storage capacitors and an extremely effective cooling system. Independent DC and thermal overload detection circuitry automatically protects both the amplifier and your speakers. Further underscoring our commitment to excellence, we use only the finest, high-speed Fairchild and Toshiba transistors known the world over for their fast slew rates and reliability. You can rest assured that these tough, reliable amps are built to last and last.
Onboard tools help you get the job done right
Valuable built-in tools for operators include: independent limiters on each channel for reliable protection against distortion, precision signal and clipping LED indicators, so you always know true signal levels, and selectable low-frequency filters (30 Hz or 50 Hz), to remove power-robbing infrasonic frequencies.
How Much Power is Enough?
This is a really subjective topic, as your gigging situation will determine your actual power and loudspeaker requirements. For instance, you will probably need more power and loudspeakers for a 12-piece funk band at an outdoor concert, than you will for a string quartet in a wedding chapel.
As a general rule, if you can perform comfortably with a pair of small PA cabinets (1 x 12” or 1 x 15” plus a horn, such as our B1220 PRO or B1520 PRO), or if you’re looking for a power amp to drive your monitor system (up to 4 of our S1220Fs), then the EP1500 is probably all you’ll need. If you decide to add a pair of subwoofers to the above system (say our B1800X PROs), you’ll need to also add an EP2500 in order to push them to their true floor-shaking potential.
Designed for demanding install applications or for the road, the EP1500 also features Neutrik Speakon compatible connectors, “touch-proof” binding posts, as well as balanced XLR and 1/4" TRS inputs. With its vast array of professional features, massive power and unsurpassed fidelity, it should come as no surprise that the BEHRINGER EUROPOWER EP1500 is the leader in its class.