Fully Automated 32-Channel 16-Bus Digital Mixing Console
- State-of-the-art, 32-channel mixing console with 16 internal busses and 8 aux sends for extreme routing flexibility
- Fully featured static and dynamic automation functions
- High-power floating-point DSP technology and high-resolution 24-bit A/D and D/A converters ensure virtually unlimited internal dynamic range
- 12 ULN (Ultra-Low Noise) microphone inputs with analog inserts and switchable phantom power
- 4-band, fully parametric equalizer, low-cut filter, gate, compressor and phase inverter on all 32 channels plus additional delay function on the first 16 channels
- 4 built-in effects processors with first-class algorithms, such as reverb, chorus, flanger, phaser, delay, pitch shifter, tremolo, lo-fi, LFO filter, ring modulator and more
- 17 ultra-precise, low-noise, 100-mm, motorized faders and freely configurable level meters
- Channel encoders with LED rings control any of nine selectable parameters per channel
- 4 freely assignable analog outputs on balanced 1/4" TRS connectors
- Internal input/output patchbay for easy routing of complex signal configurations
- Large, easy-to-read, graphic LCD display with adjustable contrast
- Synchronization to SMPTE, MTC or internal clock
- Two slots for installation of optionally available digital interfaces based on AES/EBU (8 I/O), ADAT® (16 I/O) or TDIF formats (16 I/O)
- MIDI and RS232 connectors allow communication with a PC or numerous other devices
- Extensive MIDI functions (MMC, program changes, control changes, MIDI sys-ex)
- PC card slot for saving/loading various libraries and other settings
- Serial cable for data transmission/management included and free PC software downloadable at www.behringer.com
- High-quality components and exceptionally rugged construction ensure long life
- Conceived and designed by BEHRINGER Germany
The world´s most affordable digital 32-channel* mixer.
*hardware channels and not virtual channels
Our first digital console offers a feature set you won’t find in any other product in its class. In fact, you won’t find some of the DDX3216’s features in any compact digital console. Start with its 32 channels, 16 internal busses and 8 aux sends. Each channel features a fully parametric 4-band equalizer, sweepable high-pass filter, gate, compressor/limiter and phase inversion—all simultaneously operable. The first 16 channels additionally offer a delay function. Add four on-board effects processors that put just about any imaginable effect type at your fingertips, naturally in top quality and also simultaneously accessible.
Then full-fledged dynamic and static automation functions, extensive synchronization options and MIDI implementation, a comprehensive internal I/O patchbay, full digital compatibility and functionality. Plus unusually flexible connectivity and expandability, supported via two expansion slots for ADAT ® , TDIF, AES/EBU interfaces and more. All based on 32-bit floating-point processing (40-bit for the EQ’s).
Imagine all of this in a rack-mountable case and with an intuitive, logically laid out user interface based on excellent software and effective control elements, like motorized faders, assignable channel controls with LED rings, push-and-turn master controllers and a large, backlit LCD display, and you begin to get the picture. A picture that fits perfectly in so many applications, we can’t list them all here: recording, live sound, multimedia, audio for video, broadcasting, installations…
Stop by your dealer’s and test-drive our new digital console. We’re convinced that you’ll agree: life can be so simple. In a word, the DDX3216 is DANALOG—digital with an analog feel.
The new surround update transforms the DDX3216 into a full-fledged surround mixer with extensive control possibilities. Surround-specific settings such as divergence, angle and listener-source distance can be adjusted, you can implement circular movement through the room, and you can record your sound mix using internal automation. In surround mode busses 11 through 16 represent the 6 surround channels, giving you a true 5.1 mix. Besides you can alternate between the standard stereo and 5.1 surround mix or you can use the both at the same time.
The following features are available upon installing the surround update:
- Dialing in surround panning on the desired channel via a second PAN display page.
- Live “movements” of selected sound source (channels) through the surround space.
- Saving surround pan/automating via SNAPSHOT and DYNAMIC AUTOMATION
- New MIDI control possibilities for expanded surround parameters on channels 1-32 and FX returns 1-8.
- Surround mix and conventional mix can be run simultaneously
- Additional new update features, such as 100 markers (previously 10) and an opportunity to activate the TIME COUNTER RELATIVE at the MIDI setup page.