|The MUSIC Group is a very different kind of company, and we are proud to be different. With a strong mission, a clear strategy and much fun, we are a great team of specialists building the Next Big Thing in Pro Audio, MI and Consumer Electronics.
Equally passionate about the products we make and the people we make them for, we thrive on breaking the mold and setting new standards in product quality, reliability and value.
Internally we are committed to systems that enable accelerated decision making based on facts that lead to successful execution and deliverables. Highly structured, fast paced and uncompromising in our commitment to quality, we maintain the agility and innovation of a startup with a fanatic discipline, focus and determination bolstered by over two decades of proven success. Most of all, we are incredibly capable, fun-loving family of people brought together by an immense passion for music and winning.
We take pride in our people who truly embody the 4E+1P Principle that Jack Welch defined:
|Energy||People who have the insatiable appetite for more challenge, more accomplishment and will to win
|Energize||The ability to infect other with your vision and helf them see the opportunities that drive us.
|Edge||Ability to make the Yes or No decisions that lead to the winner's circle, regardless of the obstacles.
|Execution||Knowing the difference between talking the talk and walking the walk.
|Passion||Living what you do and loving it!|
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
- Design and develop infrastructure solutions that deliver business value via collaboration, technology, and automation
- Creatively manage development, deployment, and operations process and systemically improving culture and tools
- Partner with Project Managers, Technical Architects, Technical Managers, DBAs, Developers, QA, Operations to ensure infrastructure deliverables have been deployed, validated and operational guidelines and documentations have been handed over
- Conceptualize and implement system processes to systematize and standardize IT practices and procedures, capacity planning, and risk mitigation
- Create and maintain project documentation and artifacts in areas relating to System and Database administration, in order to facilitate effective operational handoffs
- Evaluate and contribute estimates needed to deliver System and Database related targets to ensure timeliness and alignment on the overall project goals
- Provide support on escalated issues or conduct escalation process to hardware and software vendors technical support, Information Technology group and project stakeholder to resolve issues relating to System, storage, or database operations
- Provide support on escalated issues or conduct escalation process to hardware and software vendors technical support, Information Technology group and project stakeholder to resolve issues relating to System, Database, and Network Administration (may also include participating in 24x7 system support rotation)
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university in Computer Science, Technology or related field or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years automating, supporting, and engineering heterogeneous environments for enterprise applications
- Expert level Linux or "*nix knowledge"
- Linux (RHEL/CentOS) and Windows administration, support, monitoring (JMX, Nagios), and tuning
- In-depth hands-on knowledge of SANs, LDAP, SSO, Web Services, SaaS, IaaS in a heterogeneous environment
- Experience with VMware, KVM, XEN
- Experience managing system configurations with tools such as Puppet, Chef or Cfengine
- Experience rolling out software releases for highly available OLTP environments
- Experience implementing DR solutions
- Experience with large-scale, real-time systems
- Experience with data persistence technologies (MySQL, Oracle) and on tools and automation development (Chef, Capistrano, C#, bash, awk, Perl, PHP, and/or Python)
- Experience with continuous deployment and zero touch deployments
- Deployments to and maintenance of various Oracle and SAP platforms
- Excellent team player with good communication, organizational and documentation skills
- Ability to create clear, concise reports as well as create and maintain complex network diagrams
Send us your résumé!
Due to the volume of résumés (CV’s) we receive, it is important to name your file properly to ensure you are considered for the correct position and location. Please name your résumé following the example below.
Name your résumé (or CV):
Replace LASTNAME Firstname_YYYY-MM-DD with your name and date.
If you are applying for the position of Financial Controller in Singapore, your name is Bill Smith, the date is June 15, 2009, and your file is an MS Word document, your file name should look like this:
Or, if your document is a PDF, your file name should look like this: