|The MUSIC Group is a very different kind of company, and we are proud to be different. With a strong mission, a clear strategy and much fun, we are a great team of specialists building the Next Big Thing in Pro Audio, MI and Consumer Electronics.
Equally passionate about the products we make and the people we make them for, we thrive on breaking the mold and setting new standards in product quality, reliability and value.
Internally we are committed to systems that enable accelerated decision making based on facts that lead to successful execution and deliverables. Highly structured, fast paced and uncompromising in our commitment to quality, we maintain the agility and innovation of a startup with a fanatic discipline, focus and determination bolstered by over two decades of proven success. Most of all, we are incredibly capable, fun-loving family of people brought together by an immense passion for music and winning.
We take pride in our people who truly embody the 4E+1P Principle that Jack Welch defined:
|Energy||People who have the insatiable appetite for more challenge, more accomplishment and will to win
|Energize||The ability to infect other with your vision and helf them see the opportunities that drive us.
|Edge||Ability to make the Yes or No decisions that lead to the winner's circle, regardless of the obstacles.
|Execution||Knowing the difference between talking the talk and walking the walk.
|Passion||Living what you do and loving it!|
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
As a Systems Engineer (Digital Engineer), you will contribute to the creation of the next generation music products using High Speed Processor and DSP technologies. You will join a development team of 4-5 people and be responsible for the design implementation and testing of large scale hardware architectures for professional audio products. Your development activity will be based on product specification and hardware requirements created in collaboration with product conception and software design departments. In addition to your design and verification work, you will also provide on-going support for existing products.
- Work in a team contributing to technical development
- Investigation of new technologies and creative solutions
- Design, debug and verification of products at both PCB and System levels
- Liaise with in house PCB Layout team to produce Layout rules and guidelines
- Maintain documentation for the products you are responsible for
- Work closely with the Software department
- Degree in Electronic Engineering or similar relevant subjects, with an emphasis on design
- Experience in Hardware Design Life Cycle
- 3+ years’ experience of design, debug and verification of PCB level Digital systems
- Proficient in a schematic capture package and an understanding of rule based design
- Knowledge of debug strategies as applied to large PCB designs
- Demonstrable background in one or more of the following technologies:
- - Gigabit Ethernet
- - DDR1 is ok, DDR2 is preferred, DDR3 a bonus
- - PCI Express, SATA or other multi-GHz Serial Interface
- - Ability to select and effectively use all communication methods at your disposal
- The following are highly desirable for this role:
- - PADs Logic Schematic Capture tools
- - Embedded processor design (PowerPC, ARM)
- - Implementation and integration of large, multi-board systems
- - Exposure to multi-layer (8+) PCB layout
- - Experience of pro audio applications and music technology
Send us your résumé!
Due to the volume of résumés (CV’s) we receive, it is important to name your file properly to ensure you are considered for the correct position and location. Please name your résumé following the example below.
Name your résumé (or CV):
Replace LASTNAME Firstname_YYYY-MM-DD with your name and date.
If you are applying for the position of Financial Controller in Singapore, your name is Bill Smith, the date is June 15, 2009, and your file is an MS Word document, your file name should look like this:
Or, if your document is a PDF, your file name should look like this: