|The MUSIC Group is a very different kind of company, and we are proud to be different. With a strong mission, a clear strategy and much fun, we are a great team of specialists building the Next Big Thing in Pro Audio, MI and Consumer Electronics.
Equally passionate about the products we make and the people we make them for, we thrive on breaking the mold and setting new standards in product quality, reliability and value.
Internally we are committed to systems that enable accelerated decision making based on facts that lead to successful execution and deliverables. Highly structured, fast paced and uncompromising in our commitment to quality, we maintain the agility and innovation of a startup with a fanatic discipline, focus and determination bolstered by over two decades of proven success. Most of all, we are incredibly capable, fun-loving family of people brought together by an immense passion for music and winning.
We take pride in our people who truly embody the 4E+1P Principle that Jack Welch defined:
|Energy||People who have the insatiable appetite for more challenge, more accomplishment and will to win.
|Energize||The ability to infect others with your vision and help them see the opportunities.
|Edge||Ability to make the Yes or No decisions that lead to the winner's circle, regardless of the obstacles.
|Execution||Knowing the difference between talking the talk and walking the walk.
|Passion||Living what you do and loving it!|
Assistant Manager, Internal Audit / Compliance
- Assist in the development and execution of a comprehensive annual audit plan and audit calendar. Ensure that the management inputs through the audit survey forms are consolidated and that the annual audit calendar is timely updated to reflect actual projects completed and in progress.
- Assist in the risk assessment on assigned audit areas or projects by gaining an understanding of and documenting the respective business processes of the financial and operational environments; identifying risks and controls inherent in those processes, evaluating them and identifying control deficiencies and opportunities for improvement through transaction testing and process walk through.
- Perform substantive audit procedures and identify misstatements or errors in account balances and processes.
- Develop audit programs, reports and presentations for each engagement. Ensure that audit reports are reflective of actual circumstances, effective and well-written for management review.
- Review staff work papers and reports on assigned projects and provide timely feedback to the AVP, Internal Audit on key risk areas.
- Share "best practices" identified and determine ways to use technology to improve the audit efficiency and coverage.
- Create a work environment for effective teamwork and continue to understand and value differences among team members.
Compliance and Financials Review
- Review relevant accounting standards and assess financial impact to group results due to release of new accounting standards by accounting bodies.
- Manage and execute assigned compliance-related projects such as expense request verifications, financial review, inventory reconciliations, among others.
- Review staff reports on assigned projects and provide timely feedback to the AVP, Internal Audit on key risk areas.
- Perform substantive procedures and identify misstatements or errors in account balances and processes.
Special Projects and Fraud Review
- Manage and execute special projects that may be assigned by management.
- Review staff reports on assigned projects and provide timely feedback to the AVP, Internal Audit on risk areas and progress of projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accountancy, preferably, a CPA holder
- At least 4 years’ relevant experience in a leading audit firm or at least 7 years in a corporate environment
- At least 2 years working experience handling fraud related audits
- Knowledge of IFRS accounting standards
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
Send us your résumé!
Due to the volume of résumés (CV’s) we receive, it is important to name your file properly to ensure you are considered for the correct position and location. Please name your résumé following the example below.
Name your résumé (or CV):
Replace LASTNAME Firstname_YYYY-MM-DD with your name and date.
If you are applying for the position of Financial Controller in Singapore, your name is Bill Smith, the date is June 15, 2009, and your file is an MS Word document, your file name should look like this:
Or, if your document is a PDF, your file name should look like this: